- Do not use perfumes, soaps, fragrance or apply powder.
- Do not shave – laser hair reduction/waxing is better
- Do not wear tight fitting underwear, g-strings, or pants.
- Do not wear pads or panty liners just in case.
- Do not use thrush medication just in case.
- Do wash with water, if necessary use Sorbolene or QV lotion. Apply vaseline or zinc cream as a barrier after wiping when going to the toilet. Wear only cotton underwear, which is loose fitting. Dry the area with a hair dryer after washing, if you have an increased body mass index. Wear long skirts/nighty at home, without any underwear.
- Do use vegetable oil as a lubricant – most commercial products contain alcohol or preservative.
- Do report any smelly or discoloured vaginal discharge.
Do report any post-menopausal bleeding, mid-cycle bleeding or bleeding after sex.